- 1 (336363)
- 04-international_org (647130)
- ambiente e saude (749)
- ambiente e saude/agua ar solo (206)
- ambiente e saude/desastres ambientais (10)
- ambiente e saude/desenvolvimento sustentavel (34)
- ambiente e saude/educacao ambiental (12)
- ambiente e saude/legislacao ambiental (3)
- ambiente e saude/politica e planejamento ambiental (4)
- ambiente e saude/poluicao ambiental (86)
- ambiente e saude/residuos (50)
- ambiente e saude/saneamento basico (35)
- ambiente e saude/saude ocupacional (350)
- atencao a saude (1335)
- atencao a saude/alta complexidade (115)
- atencao a saude/assistencia farmaceutica (385)
- atencao a saude/atencao basica a saude (138)
- atencao a saude/media complexidade (9)
- atencao a saude/programas e acoes (342)
- atencao a saude/promocao e prevencao em saude (383)
- epidemiologia (2152)
- epidemiologia/aplicacoes da epidemiologia (103)
- epidemiologia/demografia em saude publica (89)
- epidemiologia/doencas nao transmissiveis (928)
- epidemiologia/doencas transmissiveis (691)
- epidemiologia/epidemiologia nutricional (166)
- epidemiologia/estatisticas de saude e vitais (76)
- epidemiologia/estudos epidemiologicos (252)
- politicas planejamento e administracao em saude (987)
- politicas planejamento e administracao em saude/administracao em saude (28)
- politicas planejamento e administracao em saude/economia da saude (121)
- politicas planejamento e administracao em saude/planejamento em saude (386)
- politicas planejamento e administracao em saude/politica de saude (144)
- politicas planejamento e administracao em saude/programas e acoes em saude (317)
- politicas planejamento e administracao em saude/recursos humanos em saude (40)
- sociedade e saude (1704)
- sociedade e saude/ciencias sociais e antropologia me saude (59)
- sociedade e saude/ciencias tecnologia e inovacao em saude (9)
- sociedade e saude/comunicacao em saude (231)
- sociedade e saude/equidade e iniquidade na saude (54)
- sociedade e saude/espacos saudaveis (8)
- sociedade e saude/etica e bioetica (200)
- sociedade e saude/promocao e educacao em saude (923)
- sociedade e saude/uso social de drogas (251)
- sociedade e saude/violencia (18)
- vigilancia e regulacao em saude (187)
- vigilancia e regulacao em saude/reducacao do impacto de desastres e emergencias em saude (6)
- vigilancia e regulacao em saude/regulacao e fiscalizacao sanitaria nutricional (13)
- vigilancia e regulacao em saude/regulacao em saude (51)
- vigilancia e regulacao em saude/vigilancia alimentar e nutricional (13)
- vigilancia e regulacao em saude/vigilancia dos riscos e danos a saude (18)
- vigilancia e regulacao em saude/vigilancia epidemiologica (41)
- vigilancia e regulacao em saude/vigilancia sanitaria (51)
- acoes em saude e erradicacao da pobreza (6)
- assistencia farmaceutica (13)
- assistencia integral a saude (7)
- assistencia integral a saude/atencao a saude indigena (13)
- assistencia integral a saude/atencao integral ao idoso (69)
- assistencia integral a saude/rede cegonha (34)
- assistencia integral a saude/saude mental e dependencia quimica (106)
- ciencia, tecnologia e inovacao em saude (73)
- gestao, educacao e participacao em saude (26)
- promocao e vigilancia em saude (83)
- rede de servicos de urgencia (60)
- regulacao em saude (1)
- regulacao em saude/vigilancia sanitaria (3)
- WPRIM (647130)
Tipo de estudo
- Inglês (70327)
- Journal of Clinical Rehabilitative Tissue Engineering Research (13227)
- Journal of the Korean Ophthalmological Society (7500)
- China Pharmacy (7170)
- Chinese Journal of Primary Medicine and Pharmacy (7167)
- Singapore Med J (7007)
- Chin Med J (Engl) (6892)
- Korean Journal of Urology (6883)
- Korean Journal of Dermatology (6829)
- Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi (5908)
- Japanese Journal of Cardiovascular Surgery (5875)
Ano de publicação
- Artigo (647130)
Loss of Red Cell A Antigen in a Patient with Acute Myeloid Leukemia: A Case Report and Review of the Literature
Fonte: Korean Journal of Blood Transfusion;22(3): 277-283, 2011.
WPRO - Índice Regional ID: 697199
Resumo: Red cell antigens, A, B, and H can be weakened or lost especially in patients with hematologic malignancies. We report a 42-year-old female patient with acute myeloid leukemia, who showed loss of A antigen on her red cells. She showed the persistence of leukemia in spite of three cycles of induction chemotherapy. Her ABO blood group showed a discrepancy: the cell type was O and the serum type was A. Adsorption/elution test could not identify the presence of A antigen on her r (mais)
Fonte: Korean Journal of Audiology;16(1): 1-5, 2012.
WPRO - Índice Regional ID: 697198
Resumo: The main objective of this review is to describe the new sequencing technologies called next generation sequencing (NGS) and its utility as a molecular genetic diagnosis tool in a medical field. Sanger method has dominated the genome sequencing industry for the past 30 years since its invention in 1975. It produced first human genome and still remains the gold standard for genome sequencing. However, it cannot meet the needs for enormous genetic data gathering and process bec (mais)
Fonte: Korean Journal of Audiology;16(1): 6-9, 2012.
WPRO - Índice Regional ID: 697197
Resumo: BACKGROUND AND OBJECTIVES: The stimulus signals delivered in cochlear implant (CI) systems are generally derived by sampling the temporal envelope of each channel at some constant rate and using its intensity to control the stimulation current level delivered to the corresponding electrode site. The objective of the study was to investigate speech recognition performance of cochlear implant users in quiet and noisy environments using either moderate or high rates of electrica (mais)
Fonte: Korean Journal of Audiology;16(1): 10-13, 2012.
WPRO - Índice Regional ID: 697196
Resumo: BACKGROUND AND OBJECTIVES: Auricular masses are growths on the outer ear that have not been well characterized clinically. We assessed the clinical nature and treatment of auricular benign masses in patients at our institution. SUBJECTS AND METHODS: We retrospectively identified 63 patients with auricular benign masses who underwent excision and biopsy from May 1970 to April 2011. We determined the site, cause, size, pathology and postoperative results of these auricular mass (mais)
Fonte: Korean Journal of Audiology;16(1): 14-17, 2012.
WPRO - Índice Regional ID: 697195
Resumo: BACKGROUND AND OBJECTIVES: The aim of this study was to investigate the relationship between inhalation anesthetics and hearing in mice. MATERIALS AND METHODS: As inhalation anesthetics, isoflurane was used. Auditory brainstem response and distortion product otoacoustic emission were used as measurement of hearing. Mice were divided into 2 groups. 'Isoflurane group' consisted of mice that were anesthetized with an inspired concentration of 2.0 vol% isoflurane with 2 L/min of (mais)
Effects of Middle Ear Lesions on Pre and Postoperative Hearing Outcomes in Patients with Chronic Otitis Media
Fonte: Korean Journal of Audiology;16(1): 18-26, 2012.
WPRO - Índice Regional ID: 697194
Resumo: BACKGROUND AND OBJECTIVES: The purpose of this study was to evaluate the effects of middle ear lesions on pre and postoperative hearing in patients with chronic otitis media (COM) and to assess the relationship between various prognostic factors and pre and postoperative hearing using more than 2000 COM surgery records retrieved from a computerized database released by the Korean Otologic Society in 2005. SUBJECTS AND METHODS: Data of 2312 COM surgeries, which had been conduc (mais)
Fonte: Korean Journal of Audiology;16(1): 27-30, 2012.
WPRO - Índice Regional ID: 697193
Resumo: Middle ear adenoma can be a rare cause of a middle ear mass. These benign tumors can have epithelial and/or neuroendocrine differentiation. In 1976, Hyams was the first to describe a series of these tumors. It is still thought that these tumors are indistinguishable in composition from each other. We report a case of middle ear adenoma, the clinical and pathologic findings of which illustrate the biological behavior of the middle ear. A 17-year-old male presented with a histo (mais)
Fonte: Korean Journal of Audiology;16(1): 31-34, 2012.
WPRO - Índice Regional ID: 697192
Resumo: Although the occurrence of otogenic brain abscess has been considerably reduced through improvements to antibiotics, brain abscesses remains one of the most significant life threatening complications of chronic otitis media. We report the case of a 67-year-old male patient who presented with gait ataxia and dizziness. Imaging studies revealed a left cerebellar abscess and extensive destructive changes to the labyrinth due to chronic otitis media. We conclude that otogenic bra (mais)
Fonte: Korean Journal of Audiology;16(1): 35-38, 2012.
WPRO - Índice Regional ID: 697191
Resumo: Pulsatile tinnitus arising from an aberrant internal carotid artery at the level of the nasopharynx is rarely found. We present a case of a 74-year-old woman complaining of pulsatile tinnitus in the right ear. The tinnitus was not audible by auscultation. Endoscopic examination revealed pulsating swelling of the nasopharyngeal wall on the right side. Computed tomography angiography of the head and neck region showed medial and superficial transposition of the right internal c (mais)
Fonte: Korean Journal of Audiology;16(1): 39-42, 2012.
WPRO - Índice Regional ID: 697190
Resumo: Jugular bulb diverticulum (JBD) is a rarely reported vascular anomaly, which is an extraluminal outpouching from the jugular bulb. Especially, there exists a lack of reported cases involving JBD encroaching the internal auditory canal (IAC) in Korea. Subjects with JBD may be asymptomatic or have variable symptoms based on its location and size. In this article, we report a unique case of JBD eroding into the IAC that was presented as sudden sensorineural hearing loss with ver (mais)
Fonte: Korean Journal of Audiology;15(2): 53-61, 2011.
WPRO - Índice Regional ID: 697189
Resumo: While systemic steroid therapy is most widely considered as a main treatment for idiopathic sudden sensorineural hearing loss (SSHL), the disadvantages of its use are numerous side effects. Intratympanic steroid injection (ITS) delivers steroids through transtympanic route, hence avoids possible side effects with higher perilymph concentration. We conducted a reviewed 47 clinical studies after an online search of the PubMed databases for the following terms "sudden hearing lo (mais)
Fonte: Korean Journal of Audiology;15(2): 62-66, 2011.
WPRO - Índice Regional ID: 697188
Resumo: BACKGROUND AND OBJECTIVES: Firefighters face serious risks to their health and safety in the performance of their duties. In addition to the diverse occupational hazards well-known to the public, firefighters are also occasionally exposed to high levels of noise, such as sirens, horns, and electronic alerting signals. MATERIALS AND METHODS: We first measured the noise emitted by two fire trucks and one ambulance. Next, we enrolled 171 firefighters (164 males, seven females). (mais)
The Association of Anterior Inferior Cerebellar Artery in Internal Auditory Canal with Tinnitus and Hearing Loss
Fonte: Korean Journal of Audiology;15(2): 67-71, 2011.
WPRO - Índice Regional ID: 697187
Resumo: BACKGROUND AND OBJECTIVES: Tinnitus is a common disorder, but the etiology of this disorder remains unknown. The objective of this study was to assess the correlation between anatomical type and the thickness of the anterior inferior cerebellar artery (AICA) loop with tinnitus, using 3D-fast imaging employing steady state acquisition magnetic resonance image (MRI). MATERIALS AND METHODS: 74 patients with tinnitus and 82 asymptomatic controls were included in this study. Otolo (mais)
Fonte: Korean Journal of Audiology;15(2): 72-75, 2011.
WPRO - Índice Regional ID: 697186
Resumo: BACKGROUND AND OBJECTIVES: Bondy operation is a type of modified radical mastoidectomy whose operation window is through an external auditory canal via removal of superior and posterior walls without management of the middle ears. However, the usefulness of this operation is unclear. This study aimed to review our clinical experience of modified Bondy operations and to clarify its usefulness. MATERIALS AND METHODS: Fifteen patients underwent a modified Bondy operation at the (mais)
What Causes Incomplete Facial Function Recovery in Patients with Immediate Facial Paralysis Following Vestibular Schwannoma Surgery?
Fonte: Korean Journal of Audiology;15(2): 76-80, 2011.
WPRO - Índice Regional ID: 697185
Resumo: BACKGROUND AND OBJECTIVES: Preservation of facial nerve function in vestibular schwannoma (VS) surgery is still a significant operative challenge. Several prognostic factors correlate with postoperative facial nerve function. Most partial facial nerve damage can recover completely without functional defect. However, recovery of the facial nerve in some patients is either incomplete or non-existent. To evaluate the cause of incomplete facial function recovery at long term foll (mais)