Your browser doesn't support javascript.
loading
Show: 20 | 50 | 100
Results 1 - 2 de 2
Filter
Add filters








Type of study
Language
Year range
1.
Article in English | WPRIM | ID: wpr-785934

ABSTRACT

OBJECTIVE: Several studies have reported that periprocedural dual antiplatelet therapy lowers the incidence of thromboembolic complications (TEC) associated with coiling of unruptured aneurysms. We hypothesized that preprocedural administration of dual antiplatelet agents (aspirin and cilostazol) for 7days may reduce the risk of complications associated with diagnostic cerebral digital subtraction angiography (DSA).METHODS: We retrospectively reviewed the records of patients who underwent diagnostic cerebral DSA between September 2015 and April 2018. Of the 419 patients included (149 men, 270 women, mean age 58.5 years), 221 (72 men, 149 women, mean age 57.8 years) who underwent cerebral DSA between September 2015 and June 2016 were not premedicated with antiplatelet therapy. The remaining 198 (77 men, 121 women, mean age 59.4 years) who underwent cerebral DSA between July 2016 and April 2018 were premedicated with dual antiplatelet therapy (aspirin and cilostazol). We defined ischemic stroke as a cerebral DSA-induced complication identified on magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) among patients with neurological symptoms.RESULTS: Of the 221 patients who did not receive antiplatelet therapy, 210 (95.0%) showed no neurological symptoms; however, 11 (5.0%) developed neurological symptoms with MRI-proven ischemic stroke, which represents a TEC. Of the 198 patients who received dual antiplatelet therapy, 196 patients (99.0%) showed no evidence of TEC. The remaining 2 (1.0%) developed diplopia and motor weakness each, and MRI confirmed acute ischemic stroke (p=0.019).CONCLUSIONS: The use of dual antiplatelet agents (aspirin and cilostazol) for 7 days before DSA may reduce the risk of cerebral DSA-induced TEC.


Subject(s)
Aneurysm , Angiography, Digital Subtraction , Diplopia , Female , Humans , Incidence , Magnetic Resonance Imaging , Male , Platelet Aggregation Inhibitors , Premedication , Retrospective Studies , Stroke , Thromboembolism
2.
Article in English | WPRIM | ID: wpr-717705

ABSTRACT

A 43-year-old man was transferred to our hospital with recurring myelopathic symptoms after previous anterior and posterior surgical decompressions for mixed-type cervical ossification of the posterior longitudinal ligament (OPLL). Conventional magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) showed a preserved cervical curve and the achievement of successful decompression after the previous surgeries. The patient's symptoms were aggravated when he was in the extended neck posture. Dynamic MRI performed with the patient in an extended neck position revealed cord compression by OPLL from C3 to C4 with newly developed retrolisthesis of the C4–5 segment. We recommend the use of dynamic MRI to investigate motion-dependent cord compression caused by instability of the non-fused OPLL component.


Subject(s)
Adult , Decompression , Decompression, Surgical , Humans , Longitudinal Ligaments , Magnetic Resonance Imaging , Neck , Ossification of Posterior Longitudinal Ligament , Posture
SELECTION OF CITATIONS
SEARCH DETAIL