Your browser doesn't support javascript.
loading
Effectiveness of CLAT Protocol for Treating Patients with Refractory Acute Myeloid Leukemia / 中国实验血液学杂志
Article in Chinese | WPRIM | ID: wpr-360078
Responsible library: WPRO
ABSTRACT
<p><b>OBJECTIVE</b>To explore the clinical efficacy and toxicity of CLAT protocol (cladribine, cytarabine and topotecan) for treating patients with refractory acute myeloid leukemia (R-AML).</p><p><b>METHODS</b>A total of 18 patients with R-AML (median age 37 years, range 18 to 58 years; male n = 16, female n = 2) were treated with CLAT protocol, which consisted of cladribine 5 mg/m(2)/d, i.v. on days 1-5, cytarabine 1.5 g/m(2)/d, i.v. on days 1-5, topotecan 1.25 mg/m(2)/d, i.v. on days 1-5 and G-CSF 300 µg/d subcutaneous injection on day 6 until neutrophile granulocyte recovery.</p><p><b>RESULTS</b>Out of 18 patients 2 died of severe infection before the assessment. Among 16 evaluated patients, 10 (55.6%) achieved complete remission (CR), and 2 (11.1%) achieved partial remission (PR), the overall response rate was 66.7%, the rest 4 patients did not respond (NR). The median overall survival time and DFS for the CR patients was 9.5 months (95%CI 6.7-16.64) and 9.5 months (95%CI 6.1-16.7) respectively. The 1 year OS and DFS rates were 45% and 46.9%, respectively. All patients developed grade 4 of granulocytopenia and thrombocytopenia, the median duration was 13 (range 2 to 21) days and 12 days (range 2 to 21), respectively, all patients developed infection, 2 patients died of severe infection. The most common non-hematological side effects included nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, rash, aminotransferase or bilirubin elevation and were grade 1 to 2.</p><p><b>CONCLUSION</b>The CLAT protocol seems to have promising for the treatment of refractory AML patients, and patients well tolerated. This CLAT protocol offers an alternative treatment for R-AML patients who received severe intensive treatment, especially with anthracycline-containing chemotherapy.</p>
Subject(s)
Full text: Available Index: WPRIM (Western Pacific) Main subject: Thrombocytopenia / Remission Induction / Female / Humans / Male / Leukemia, Myeloid, Acute / Antineoplastic Combined Chemotherapy Protocols / Granulocyte Colony-Stimulating Factor / Adolescent / Cladribine Type of study: Practice guideline Language: Chinese Journal: Journal of Experimental Hematology Year: 2016 Type: Article

Similar

MEDLINE

...
LILACS

LIS

Full text: Available Index: WPRIM (Western Pacific) Main subject: Thrombocytopenia / Remission Induction / Female / Humans / Male / Leukemia, Myeloid, Acute / Antineoplastic Combined Chemotherapy Protocols / Granulocyte Colony-Stimulating Factor / Adolescent / Cladribine Type of study: Practice guideline Language: Chinese Journal: Journal of Experimental Hematology Year: 2016 Type: Article