Your browser doesn't support javascript.
loading
Large- scale prospective clinical study on prophylactic intervention of COVID-19 in community population using Huoxiang Zhengqi Oral Liquid and Jinhao Jiere Granules / 中国中药杂志
Article in Chinese | WPRIM | ID: wpr-828024
Responsible library: WPRO
ABSTRACT
To scientifically evaluate the intervention effect of Chinese medicine preventive administration(combined use of Huo-xiang Zhengqi Oral Liquid and Jinhao Jiere Granules) on community population in the case of coronavirus disease 2019(COVID-19), a large cohort, prospective, randomized, and parallel-controlled clinical study was conducted. Total 22 065 subjects were included and randomly divided into 2 groups. The non-intervention group was given health guidance only, while the traditional Chinese medicine(TCM) intervention group was given two coordinated TCM in addition to health guidance. The medical instructions were as follows. Huoxiang Zhengqi Oral Liquid oral before meals, 10 mL/time, 2 times/day, a course of 5 days. Jinhao Jiere Granules dissolve in boiling water and take after meals, 8 g/time, 2 times/day, a course of 5 days, followed up for 14 days, respectively. The study found that with the intake of medication, the incidence rate of TCM intervention group was basically maintained at a low and continuous stable level(0.01%-0.02%), while the non-intervention group showed an overall trend of continuous growth(0.02%-0.18%) from 3 to 14 days. No suspected or confirmed COVID-19 case occurred in either group. There were 2 cases of colds in the TCM intervention group and 26 cases in the non-intervention group. The incidence of colds in the TCM intervention group was significantly lower(P<0.05) than that in the non-intervention group. In the population of 16-60 years old, the incidence rate of non-intervention and intervention groups were 0.01% and 0.25%, respectively. The difference of colds incidence between the two groups was statistically significant(P<0.05). In the population older than 60 years old, they were 0.04% and 0.21%, respectively. The incidence of colds in the non-intervention group was higher than that in the intervention group, but not reaching statistical difference. The protection rate of TCM for the whole population was 91.8%, especially for the population of age 16-60(95.0%). It was suggested that TCM intervention(combined use of Huoxiang Zhengqi Oral Liquid and Jinhao Jiere Granules) could effectively protect community residents against respiratory diseases, such as colds, which was worthy of promotion in the community. In addition, in terms of safety, the incidence of adverse events and adverse reactions in the TCM intervention group was relatively low, which was basically consistent with the drug instructions.
Subject(s)

Full text: Available Index: WPRIM (Western Pacific) Main subject: Pneumonia, Viral / Humans / Drugs, Chinese Herbal / Prospective Studies / Adolescent / Coronavirus Infections / Adult / Drug Therapy / Young Adult / Pandemics Type of study: Practice guideline Language: Chinese Journal: China Journal of Chinese Materia Medica Year: 2020 Type: Article

Similar

MEDLINE

...
LILACS

LIS

Full text: Available Index: WPRIM (Western Pacific) Main subject: Pneumonia, Viral / Humans / Drugs, Chinese Herbal / Prospective Studies / Adolescent / Coronavirus Infections / Adult / Drug Therapy / Young Adult / Pandemics Type of study: Practice guideline Language: Chinese Journal: China Journal of Chinese Materia Medica Year: 2020 Type: Article