Your browser doesn't support javascript.
Show: 20 | 50 | 100
Results 1 - 2 de 2
Add filters

Document Type
Year range
Safety and Health at Work ; 13:S167, 2022.
Article in English | EMBASE | ID: covidwho-1677036


Introduction:Coronavirus disease 2019(Covid19) is more common in some occupations and also many workers have been influenced in term of socioeconomic conditions in this period.The aim of this study is to investigate the occupational distribution of the patients diagnosed with Covid19, in two dimensions that work-related covid19 transmission(WRCT) and pandemic-related economic worsening(PREW). Method:The study population of this cross-sectional study was 271 workers, out of 1505 who were diagnosed with Covid19 at Hospital between 19.03.2020-04.09.2021.A structured questionnaire were applied by telephone interview.The outcomes of the study were WRCT and PREW. International Standard Classification of Occupations and Erikson-Goldthorpe social class chart was used for occupational and socioeconomic classifications.Descriptive statistics is presented. Chi square test is used in comparison of proportions. Results:Of 233 workers who accepted to participate in the study, 51.5% were male(n=120).The mean age was 37.7(±9.2).WRCT was found 3.6 times higher in healthcare workers(CI%95 1.9-6.9).PREW was observed in 53 workers(%27.7).Twenty workers had quit from their jobs(8.5%).PREW was higher in private sector(OR=6.69 CI %95 3.1-14.5).PREW was found significantly high in self-employed and small business owners compared to other social classes(p=0.001). Conclusions:Healthcare workers are expose higher biological risk factors while small business owners might be vulnerable against economical risk factor. The white collar workers who could work from home were the luckiest, the virus risk has been reduced while ensuring business continuity.

Occup Med (Lond) ; 72(1): 10-16, 2022 01 13.
Article in English | MEDLINE | ID: covidwho-1462448


BACKGROUND: Healthcare workers (HCWs) have an increased risk of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) infection due to occupational exposure. Strict measures generally focus on the patient-to-HCW contacts. However, interactions between the HCWs also pose a high risk for SARS-CoV-2 exposure. AIMS: This study was aimed to investigate the effect of social contacts on the level of SARS-CoV-2 exposure risk among workers by broadening the current risk assessment algorithm. METHODS: Contact tracing records of the workers in a large university hospital between 19th March and 31st December 2020 were analysed. Multivariate conditional logistic regression models were estimated to evaluate factors associated with high-risk exposure for contacts among workers. RESULTS: Of the 329 exposed clusters, 260 (79%) were HCW-to-HCW contacted clusters. High-risk exposure was higher in the HCW-to-HCW contacts (44%), when compared to the patient-to-HCW contacts (5%) (P < 0.001). A total of 1827 HCWs contacted a laboratory-confirmed COVID-19-positive co-worker. Among the HCW-to-HCW contacts, high-risk exposure was higher in the support staff (49%, P < 0.001), in non-patient care settings (47%, P < 0.001) and in the social contacts (57%, P < 0.001). Social contacts between workers increased the high-risk exposure (adjusted odds ratio: 3.50, 95% confidence interval 2.62-4.69) in multivariate analysis. CONCLUSIONS: A significant association between social contacts among workers and high-risk exposure of SARS-CoV-2 was observed. The results of the study emphasize the need for policies regarding the improved protection of HCWs in social settings in addition to patient care services.

COVID-19 , Occupational Exposure , Health Personnel , Humans , Occupational Exposure/adverse effects , Risk Assessment , SARS-CoV-2