Your browser doesn't support javascript.
Show: 20 | 50 | 100
Results 1 - 2 de 2
Add filters

Document Type
Year range
Indian Journal of Animal Sciences ; 92(3):382-386, 2022.
Article in English | EMBASE | ID: covidwho-1912981


Telehealth facility was launched to extend veterinary services throughout Kashmir valley. It was also desired for continuation of veterinary internship during the COVID-19 lock-down period. A total of 714 response forms were received from the participating veterinary faculty of clinical disciplines in six months. The majority (n=504, 70.6%) of the cases pertained to the dairy cattle. Thirty per cent (n=9/30) of the designated specialists participated. The tele-health facility was availed by interns (44.25%), farmers/animal owners (36.51%), field veterinarians (15.28%) and the para-veterinarians (3.97%) in significantly decreasing order. Telephone mobile calls, WhatsApp messages (text, photos and videos), and the SMS text messages were the platforms used. The animals with medical problems (67.66%) were significantly more than those showing gynaecological (18.25%) and surgical (14.09%) ailments. More than half (52.58%) of the cases were reported from the nearby three districts. The remaining (47.42%) animal owners resided in rest of the seven districts. Most of the complaints pertained to skin and appendages (27.18%), alimentary (25.79%) and reproductive tract (18.25%) in the affected cattle respectively. Udder and teat affections, metabolic diseases, and repeat breeding were tentatively diagnosed in majority of the cows. From this preliminary study, it is concluded that the veterinary telehealth service can reach far-off places and education can be continued amidst lockdown period. Short duration and lack of the follow up details are the weakness of this study. Additionally, more veterinary specialists need be persuaded to participate in telehealth modality.

International Journal of E-Planning Research ; 10(2):94-108, 2021.
Article | Web of Science | ID: covidwho-789566


COVID-19 is having an enormous impact on civic life, including public services, governance, and the well-being of citizens. The pace and scope of technology as a force for problem solving, connecting people, sharing information, and organizing civic life has increased in the wake of COVID-19. This article critically reviews how technology use influences the civic engagement potential of the smart city, in particular for people with disabilities. The article aims to articulate new challenges to virtual participation in civic life in terms of accessibility, usability, and equity. Next, the article proposes a framework for a smart participation future involving smarter communities that utilize universal design, blended bottom-up, and virtual community of practice (VCoP) approaches to planning and connecting citizens with disabilities to smart cities. Policy and ethical implications of the proposed smart participation future are considered.