Your browser doesn't support javascript.
Show: 20 | 50 | 100
Results 1 - 4 de 4
Filter
1.
J Community Appl Soc Psychol ; 2021 Sep 07.
Article in English | MEDLINE | ID: covidwho-1396849

ABSTRACT

Prior studies have revealed that community identity promotes participation. However, it remains unclear whether heterogenous community identity profiles emerged and how they differed in coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)-related community participation. Thus, the current study used a person-oriented approach to address these issues. A total of 1,083 Chinese residents participated in a national online survey in mid-March 2020. A latent profile analysis found that residents belonged in one of four community identity profiles: Strong identifiers (43.7%), function-dominant identifiers (25.0%), emotion-dominant identifiers (19.8%) and weak identifiers (11.5%). The strong identifiers profile showed the most positive COVID-19-related community management attitude and the highest participation intention and participation behaviour among the four profiles. Compared with strong identifiers, other profiles displayed less positive management attitude and lower participation intention and, in turn, exhibited less participation behaviour. The findings can help community organizers and administrators design intervention programs targeting specific subgroups amid the COVID-19 pandemic. Please refer to the Supplementary Materials section to find this article's Community and Social Impact Statement.

2.
Phytomedicine ; 91: 153671, 2021 Oct.
Article in English | MEDLINE | ID: covidwho-1313371

ABSTRACT

OBJECTIVE: To evaluate the efficacy and safety of Hua Shi Bai Du Granule (Q-14) plus standard care compared with standard care alone in adults with coronavirus disease (COVID-19). STUDY DESIGN: A single-center, open-label, randomized controlled trial. SETTING: Wuhan Jinyintan Hospital, Wuhan, China, February 27 to March 27, 2020. PARTICIPANTS: A total of 204 patients with laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 were randomized into the treatment group and control group, consisting of 102 patients in each group. INTERVENTIONS: In the treatment group, Q-14 was administered at 10 g (granules) twice daily for 14 days, plus standard care. In the control group, patients were provided standard care alone for 14 days. MAIN OUTCOME MEASURE: The primary outcome was the conversion time for the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) viral assay. Adverse events were analyzed in the safety population. RESULTS: Among the 204 patients, 195 were analyzed according to the intention-to-treat principle. A total of 149 patients (71 vs. 78 in the treatment and control groups, respectively) tested negative via the SARS-CoV-2 viral assay. There was no statistical significance in the conversion time between the treatment group and control group (Full analysis set: Median [interquartile range]: 10.00 [9.00-11.00] vs. 10.00 [9.00-11.00]; Mean rank: 67.92 vs. 81.44; P = 0.051). The recovery time for fever was shorter in the treatment group than in the control group. The disappearance rate of symptoms like cough, fatigue, and chest discomfort was significantly higher in the treatment group. In chest computed tomography (CT) examinations, the overall evaluation of chest CT examination after treatment compared with baseline showed that more patients improved in the treatment group. There were no significant differences in the other outcomes. CONCLUSION: The combination of Q-14 and standard care for COVID-19 was useful for the improvement of symptoms (such as fever, cough, fatigue, and chest discomfort), but did not result in a significantly higher probability of negative conversion in the SARS-CoV-2 viral assay. No serious adverse events were observed. TRIAL REGISTRATION: ChiCTR2000030288.


Subject(s)
COVID-19 , Drugs, Chinese Herbal/therapeutic use , COVID-19/therapy , China , Female , Humans , Male , Middle Aged , Treatment Outcome
3.
SciFinder; 2020.
Preprint | SciFinder | ID: ppcovidwho-4354

ABSTRACT

The present study relates to anal. of medical cases of corona virus disease 2019 treated with traditional Chinese medicine Haoqin Qingdan decoction. Corona virus disease-2019 (COVID-19), which broke out in Wuhan, is highly contagious, and belongs to the category of "damp toxin epidemic" in traditional Chinese medicine. In this study, Haoqin Qingdan decoction was used to clear dampness and heat, reconcile Shaoyang channel and reach Sanjiao channel, detoxify the dampness fever epidemic toxin, and block the toxin inside, with a good efficacy. This prescription focuses on smoothing the Shaoyang gallbladder channel and Sanjiao channel, and regards the spleen and stomach as the acquired essence. In the prescription, Erchen decoction reconciles the spleen and stomach, elevates clear qi and lower turbid qi;Radix Bupleuri is added to increase its detoxification function;and Radix Paeoniae Rubra is added to circulate the blood and prevent pathogen from the blood. When the condition improves, Sweet Wormwood Herb and talc are often withdrawn, and Codonopsis is added to nourish the spleen and stomach, to strengthen the healthy qi and eliminate evil. Based on the cases of COVID-19 treated in Wuhan Jinyintan Hospital, this paper summarized some experience of applying Haoqin Qingdan decoction.

4.
Appl Psychol Health Well Being ; 12(4): 1000-1018, 2020 12.
Article in English | MEDLINE | ID: covidwho-740226

ABSTRACT

BACKGROUND: The ongoing coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) outbreak has elicited concerns about public fear and economic fallout. The current study takes a person-oriented approach to identify the unique response patterns that underlie three risk perception components (likelihood, severity, and protection efficacy) of COVID-19, with information sources as precursors and economic confidence as outcomes. METHODS: A total of 1,074 Chinese citizens participated in a national online survey in early February 2020. RESULTS: A latent profile analysis showed that participants exhibited one of three classes: Risk Neutrals (49.9%; moderate in all components), Risk Deniers (14.3%; low likelihood, low severity, and high protection efficacy), or Risk Exaggerators (35.8%; high likelihood, high severity, and low protection efficacy). Subsequent analyses showed that reliance on unofficial sources (gossip and news spread among friends; WeChat) positively correlated with membership in the Risk Exaggerators class. In turn, belonging in the Risk Exaggerators class correlated with the lowest short-term (but not long-term) economic confidence. CONCLUSIONS: This study suggests that exploring the heterogeneity of the public risk perception might help the government to design differentiated risk communication strategies during the COVID-19 outbreak.


Subject(s)
COVID-19 , Risk Assessment/statistics & numerical data , Socioeconomic Factors , Adolescent , Adult , Aged , China , Female , Humans , Information Seeking Behavior , Internet , Male , Middle Aged , Social Media , Surveys and Questionnaires , Young Adult
SELECTION OF CITATIONS
SEARCH DETAIL